A Celebration of Sound
When: Friday May 18, 2012
Where: 3636 West Dallas Houston, TX 77019
Time/Shift: 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
What: The Center for Hearing and Speech Annual Community Picnic
# of Volunteers Needed: 10-15
Lend a Helping Hand…Become a Center for Hearing and Speech volunteer! Celebrating its second year, the CHS Picnic brings Houston hearing-impaired community together for a day of fun music, games, food, prizes, and activities. The event helps build awareness of CHS’s mission to help children with hearing impairments, as well as provide an important way for past clients to reconnect.
Volunteers are an essential part of the picnic, performing a variety of tasks before and during the event. As a volunteer, you will receive water and snacks, along with the knowledge you are helping deaf children in our community. Please see below for volunteer opportunities at the event:
- Children’s Area –Assist with this area of the picnic by interacting with children during all the fun activities such as face painting, bowling, bean toss, and supervising our creative art station.
- Event Check-In – Help sign in attendees and welcome them to the picnic. Hand out raffle tickets, surveys and direct them on where to go for food.
- Food and Beverage –Support our team and lend a hand with setting out and serving all the delicious food we provide for the event. As a Starbucks Volunteer you can also assist with serving iced coffee!
- Set-Up or Breakdown – Come out to the Center and or help us set-up tables and decorations as we get ready for the big celebration.
- Floater – These volunteers do a bit of everything, filling in where needed. This volunteer is always on the run!
Log on to www.centerhearingandspeech.org for more information about our organization.
Please reply to this to let us know you would like to sign up. We hope you will have a fantastic experience and will stay after to enjoy the food and entertainment. After confirming to volunteer you will receive an email in early May regarding your parking, logistics and more. In the meantime if you have any questions please feel free to contact Katharine Boyette Schaafs; Outreach Manager at (713)523-5410 or email@example.com.