Thanks so much for the enthusiasm!
The guidelines are as follows:
1) No messages that say "get well soon" or anything around those lines. Most of these children are fighting chronic and fatal diseases. Only positive messages please!
2) No religious messages
3) Cards must be blank on the inside. Hospital staff will fill them out & personalize the cards for each child.
I am glad you liked our cards! We are going to do another batch. We had a lot of fun doing them. You have inspired me to find another way to help out Sick Kids so after some deliberation this is what I came up with!
I am hosting a small fundraiser for Sick Kids with my sideline business, Stella & Dot, this Thursday. I would be happy to send you the invite if you are interested. Please send your email address to email@example.com.
I am going to ask also each person that comes to design one card (with the supplies that I have) for fun as well so people feel like they are contributing to your project. You and anyone are welcome to come. Thanks again for helping Sick Kids.
PS-Do you have a contact there with them as well so I can let them know I am going to donate some funds?
I received your voicemail on Friday but didn't get a chance to call you back. Unfortunately, all of our voicemails were deleted today as a result of a system problem so I don't have your phone number to call you back.
I'm anticipating on dropping the cards off to Sick Kids during the first week of May. Since you're unable to come to the event on April 10th, please feel free to drop off the cards to the Toronto Regional office or mail them here.
Feel free to give me another call if you have any further questions!
I have just joined this project and am very excited. I am a teacher at an elementary school and would love for my students to participate in this project. I have read the guidelines and ready to get started.
I had a few questions:
1) Does the size of the paper matter?
2) Is there a specific type of paper that must be used?
3) When do these need to be in by?
4) How many cards are required? (I have 21 students in my class and was thinking that each child could make 1 -2 cards)
5) How can I get these cards to you? ( Our school is in Brampton, ON)
Please let me know if there is an issue with the students creating these cards.
I look forward to participating in this project and giving my students the opportunity to participate in this cause and bring awareness to them
Thank you so much for getting involved!
To answer your questions:
1) The size of the paper doesn't matter
2) You can make the cards out of whatever material you'd like
3) I would need these by April 30th as I am planning on dropping the cards off to SickKids during the first week of May
4) I have a personal goal of reaching 200 cards for this project. Any number of cards created is a wonderful contribution!
5) You can mail the cards to my office at:
Starbucks Coffee Company
5140 Yonge Street, Suite 1205
Attn: Elysse Quartarone
Again, thanks so much for getting involved. Please let me know if you have any other questions or comments!