The start is easy, it just takes a while until your organization gets on the list:
- first, you need all data about the organization: the exact name, address, phone number and Federal tax ID. Have also the contact person and his/her address ready;
- next step is to start the new project:
- go to Projects on the main page and click on Lead a Project on the right (top of the green column);
- click on Create My Own Service Project and fill out what is needed.
- type the name of your non-profit organization and when system does not find it it will give you a choice to nominate it. All you have to do is fill out the information.
It might be a little bit tricky, sometimes it can't find the organizationa but if you know their tax ID and type it in, it will find it. Sometimes it is in a different city that we expect, so I would recommend to play with it a little bit...
Be patient and good luck,