Good Morning Partners!
As a National Corporate Team, Starbucks has many Relay for Life teams out there. I would love to find out what other teams are doing to raise money and awareness in the fight against cancer?!?! I would also love to know what your teams are doing for the actual event?!
My event is April 15th and 16th, our event theme is "A Cure for Cancer Will be Music to Our Ears" and our campsite theme is "When you Wish Upon a Star" our website is www.relayforlife.org/gainesvillefl
Our store is having a Relay team as well! I've also been volunteering and then staffing Relay's for 22 years! So if you send me your personal email address, I can send you several documents on fundraising and team recruitment ideas! Thanks!!
That is great to hear! I am the event chair for our Relay this year, luckily I have awesome partners that have stepped up to be the team captain(s) We're always looking for new ideas though.
We also have a team this year! I've never led an event like this and would appreciate any help!
Would you be willing to send any documents to me as well? My email is HCLoucks@gmail.com
We are really busy with our Relay this year! We have many projects in progress right now, check them out if you want to:
- we had a fantastic fundraiser last Tuesday: http://community.starbucks.com/groups/eat-and-relay-for-life
- one of our ASMs started her project http://community.starbucks.com/groups/scrap-metal-for-life (collecting empty chargers and scrap metal
- my shift supervisor Shannon has a little project http://community.starbucks.com/groups/remember-and-recycle-for-life
- I am collecting used coffee bags from 2 districts http://community.starbucks.com/groups/coffee-bag-brigade-trash-for-life
- inspired by you (thanks for that!) 6 of our stores will be doing http://community.starbucks.com/groups/jail-and-bail
- one of my partners will host a Relay Bake sale during our shopping center 25th year anniversary celebration and donate the money to our team.
- we are thinking about having a Relay community yard sale again: participants paid $10 for the space and sold their stuff. Last year we had it in front of our store, it also brought a lot of customers inside! Some participants also donated money after the yardsale. We had a raffle basket, it was actually a lot of fun! http://community.starbucks.com/groups/relay-for-life-community-yard-sale?view=photoAlbum but also a lot of work
All we do on the site is serving our delicious coffee and pastries for $1 donation. Our Relay is in June and it is hot at that time so we have mostly people asking for iced coffee - and we have plenty of it. We will also offer our remembrance tags to participants, they will be able to wear them or leave them for us to hang them. Our tent will be decorated with these tags (one of the projects mentioned above), we will have them everywhere!
Other than that, we will just have fun (and walk a lot!).
Good luck to your team Kasey, GO RELAY!
TOGETHER WE WILL FIND THE CURE AND LIVE LIVES WITHOUT CANCER!